Sunday 18 September 2011



This image is from my early Sunday-morning sortie down Brick Lane (if you'd like to see it larger, double-click on it), in the company of Gillian, a fellow graffitista. Having admired the street art in the area for several years, I thought it was time I contributed work of my own. I had an old Penguin paperback whose woody pages were yellowing nicely. I glued several together to get the size I wanted, then printed my image on to it. The inks sank into the paper, rather than lying on the surface, which gave the image a furry look, which I found quite pleasing. I like the idea of using pages from unreadable novels and out-of-date textbooks as an integral part of the work, and I plan to put up a new image around Brick Lane every two to three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment