Sunday 18 March 2012



Some time ago I was walking along Kennington Road. I looked down at the pavement and lying at my feet was this image of other feet, though in much pleasanter surroundings than South London. The photo looks as though it had lain on the ground unnoticed for some time, being trodden underfoot, judging by the ragged state of it. I like the fact that what appears to be a casual snap taken in a moment of relaxation on a sunny day has such a pleasing composition. The heavy black shoes act to give the photo depth. Whilst dominating the foreground, they lead the eye beyond into the background, and upwards to the monument, and then my eyes are drawn to the oar, and the little visual journey begins all over again. I don't know where this scene takes place, though it looks as though it's somewhere in Europe. Any suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment