Sunday 16 January 2011

This is an image from a series of illustrations I've been working on for the last year. This all started when I was helping my aunt sort through some clothing she wanted to clear out. As we sorted through handbag after handbag, she mentioned in passing that she'd kept every bag she'd ever owned, her first being the one given to her by her mother just before she went to college, during the Second World War. It's a life in handbags. So last summer I photographed some of these, and have been working on the illustrations since then. This one is called 'Bag of Delights', and it describes my enjoyment of the time I spent with my aunt looking at her bags (in the end she couldn't bear to part with them, and put them all back in the cupboard after I'd gone).

No comments:

Post a Comment